Many population scientists conduct research that is relevant for a wide range of policy issues. Some are interested in disseminating their results to both policy and media audiences, but would benefit from expert advice on how to do this effectively. CPIPR’s Advisory Committee identified a need for centralized information about best practices for effectively communicating research results to both policy and media audiences.
To help address this need, we have developed the following materials:
- Tips for Using Twitter in the Social Sciences; Communicating Effectively with Journalists
- Expanding the Reach of Your Research: Best Practices for Communicating with Policymakers and the Media
- Introduction to Using Twitter for Social Science
- PowerPoint Presentations from 2017 PAA Session, “New Tools and Best Practices in Communicating Research Results to Media and Policy Audiences”
- Communicating with Policy Audiences
- Communicating with Media Audiences