Linda A. Jacobsen, Vice President of U.S. Programs at PRB, introduced the panelists and moderated the webinar.
Beth Jarosz, Senior Research Associate in U.S. Programs at PRB, presented Top-10 Reasons to Use Social Media for Social Science and described how researchers can use Twitter to:
- Share your research findings with a broader audience.
- Get more media exposure for your work.
- Stay up to date on trends and developments in your field.
- Network with other researchers.
- Learn about new potential funding opportunities.
Mark Mather, Associate Vice President of U.S. Programs at PRB, presented A Field Guide to Journalists in which he provided tips for communicating effectively with journalists.