PAR-22-224: NICHD Research Education Programs (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Areas of particular interest include:
- Virtual skills development courses and supporting resources for researchers on best practice topics such as:
- The inclusion and retention of pregnant and lactating persons and/or pediatric patients and their families in clinical research.
- Best practices for increasing the inclusion of under-represented groups in clinical research, focusing on outreach to members of under-represented groups, training of the researchers running the research projects, or both.
- Data management to address issues such as disclosure review, discoverability, multi-site access to restricted-access data, interoperability, and other aspects of ensuring confidentiality while maximizing data sharing and accessibility.
- Short-term courses to expose upper undergraduates in the scientific areas that are within the scientific scope of the NICHD.
- Training in specialized research techniques, research methodology, data sets, or statistical approaches.
- Training in advanced approaches to clinical, translational, or basic research, for instance, training in design and implementation of clinical trials or complex data collection projects.