The NICHD Strategic Plan focuses the institute’s research and training efforts to understand human development, improve reproductive health, enhance the lives of children and adolescents, and optimize abilities for all. It presents the institute’s research goals and objectives under five broad research themes:
- Understanding the Molecular, Cellular, and Structural Basis of Development.
- Promoting Gynecologic, Andrologic, and Reproductive Health.
- Setting the Foundation for Healthy Pregnancies and Lifelong Wellness.
- Improving Child and Adolescent Health and the Transition to Adulthood.
- Advancing Safe and Effective Therapeutics and Devices for Pregnant and Lactating Women, Children, and People with Disabilities.
The Plan is posted on the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development website.